Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's a continent, It's a country, It's an island, It's All Of The Above!

After much thought and debate I have decided to name my blog after the greatest actor in history. Well, at least that's what my mother-in-law thinks about Tom Selleck and I'm sure Quigley Down Under is basically an exact interpretation of Australia.

It is on my list of movies about Australia to watch again and compare to real life.  Crocodile Dundee, Muriel's Wedding, The Man From Snowy River, Australia, Mad Max, Ned Kelly, Gallipoli, as you can see, when you start to think about it we know more about Australia then we think. Or do we?  I think it's fair to say that the real Australia will be nothing like these movies.  But this is all I know of a country in which I will be living for two years!  Crazy. But crazy fun adventure.

I have a bunch of random thoughts about what I might find and here are a few:
How long is an appropriate amount of time to watch the toilet flush in the opposite direction?
Do they have Outback restaurants and if they do are they just called, "Restaurant"?
Do they have an American restaurant equivalent of Outback called, "Wild West"?
How long will it take to see someone drinking a Foster's and will they actually be Australian?
Will I actually be able to learn how to surf?
Will I get over being in water that could potentially kill me in excruciating ways at any moment?
What will it be like being the one with the accent?

How many of you will actually visit?
Find out all of this and more by following... the Magnificent Adventures of Coley Down Under!




No comments:

Post a Comment